Monday, October 3, 2011

Clean, Clean, Clean.

Is it a chore or a responsibility? I believe it is a little mix of the two. My parents provide pretty much all my necessities. Therefore, the littlest thing to repay them would be to help out around the house, right? Right. However, it is easier said than done. I'm still sitting in the up stairs part of my house and I am looking at my surroundings. The couch is almost buried with the weekend's laundry. Some is folded. Some is still in the pile fresh out of the dryer. On the table in front of the couch is my cereal bowl from breakfast this morning. Come to think of it, Lucky Charms is not a substantial breakfast. The sugars break down too fast and my appetite is back. I have yet to place my bowl and spoon in the dishwasher. For now, the bowl is just admiring the scenery until I muster up the drive to get up and put it away. Next to my bowl, there is a strange book. Its title is "Cornish Rex Cats." I apologize if my fellow readers are cat-lovers but the cats in this book are hideous. My sister is lover of all animals therefore she brought the book home. My mom and I were looking through the book just scoffing at the looks of the poor creatures. As soon as my sister hears us making fun of the cats, she bows up and exclaims "UHHHH YOU GUYS ARE SO MEAN! THESE KITTIES ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!" She was genuinely hurt at my mom's and my laughter. Every time I see this book, that is what I am reminded of. Back to the messy house, I suddenly glance at the kitchen. It's not in too bad of shape. The dishes of breakfast are the only things that linger. What immediately caught my eye just now was an immense hairball. Gross. I have not vacuumed since last week sometime and it is starting to show. Needless to say, I am shutting down the computer and going to help out my parents by fixing this mess. Have a great fall day, all! :)

No comments: