Monday, October 3, 2011

The Entry of a Home

I am in a different room. It is the up stairs of my house, instead of my own private den. I'm sitting in the love seat in my living room. In front of me, I see my laptop screen. I also see the red edges of my front door. My mom decided that painting our entry way orange would really liven up the space. It sure did. There is the table adjacent to the front door that has a large mirror on it. When I would leave for school, I would use that mirror and take a final look at my attire and hair before heading out. On the table, there is also a 8x10 picture of yours truly. Instead of paying out the wazoo for professional senior pictures, we just decided to use the ones our school took. They turned out pretty good in my opinion. Right next to my picture is a picture of my brother and sister when they were in preschool. Boy, were they cute! They still are. When I go around and do the monthly dusting, I just marvel at that photo. It was taken so long ago and it looks amazing. They are posing so sweetly. They are sitting back to back with a huge mischievous smile upon their faces. Twins; they're always at each other about something. While posting this, I'm frequently glancing at their little faces in the picture. I have not been the best big sister. That makes me have so many regrets on the way I have treated them. They should not feel any resentment towards me but they do because of the way I spoke to them. I have long since learned that how I treated them was incredibly wrong but that does not change the way they feel still. I am working harder and harder each day to gain their affection. I hope my honesty is appreciated. Anyways, like any hallway, there is a closet, a door, and a coat hanger with rods, etc. However, I think the most incredible thing about our entry way (I am admiring it at this moment) is the sign above the door. As you are on your way out, you have no choice but to look up and read the piece of art, compliments of Hobby Lobby, that says "There's no place like home." It is such a cliche, but just think about. I apply that to my life and I cannot explain how true that is. No matter what I'm going through or where I am at, there is absolutely no place like home.

No comments: